As with any other kind of sport, having the right equipment is important for having an optimal performance. The same goes for Pickleball. Any player, novice or pro, would do well to invest in the best Pickleball paddle there is if they want to stay competitive and on top of the game.
With so many options out there, what comes out as the best option? Fortunately, there are a good variety of Prince Pickleball Paddle options to choose from.
The only question that remains to be answered is, which Prince Pickleball Paddle should you get? Let’s take a look at the different types available and what sets each of them apart.
Play Like a Pro with the Right Equipment
Even if you’re only playing casually, not professionally, it’s still important that you use the right pickleball equipment. Otherwise, you’re not going to enjoy it as much as you could.
Besides, apart from the court shoes, you only really need to invest in one other thing: the paddle. Now, just as there are different classifications of racquets for tennis, badminton, or ping pong, there are also variations in paddle types for pickleball.
There are those known as the control paddles, all-court paddles, and the power paddles. Each of these paddle types have corresponding specifications that impact the power, quality, and spin of your hit.
Of course, there’s also the matter of size and handling. In case you’re new to the sport, the USAPA does set certain restrictions on paddle lengths. Basically, the ideal handle to head ratio is inversely proportional.
This means that if the handle is longer, then the head must be shorter, and vice-versa. It is against the USAPA guidelines for a pickleball paddle to both have a long handle and long head.
How do you know which one’s the right pickleball paddle for you? Let’s take a look below.
How to Choose the Right Pickleball Paddle to Improve Your Game
There are five basic elements that you should look for before deciding on a pickleball paddle for your game:
- the core
- handle length
- surface material
The core of the pickleball is basically the innermost layer of the paddle, which is primarily responsible for how hard your hit is going to be. Most pickleball paddles use a polymer core, although there are also those that use higher density cores, or those that look like small honeycombs.
When it comes to handle length, a typical size would be anywhere from 4.5 to 6 inches. If you remember the note about the USAPA guidelines earlier, you cannot have both long handles and paddles. That’s because the entire length of the paddle must not exceed 24 inches.
So if you have bigger hands and so would need a longer handle for better grip, then your paddle would have to be on the shorter end. The good thing about long handles, however, is that it generates more power and spin.
Beginners, however, may want to opt for a shorter handle in the meantime, because it would be easier for them to control it.
As for the weight and shape, the acceptable paddle weights range from 7-8.5 ounces. Anything weighing above 8.2 is already considered a heavyweight. The heavier the paddle, the less effort you have to do when swinging to generate power. They are also found to be more stable than the lighter ones too.
Now, they also do have something called the “Sweet Spot” when it comes to paddle shape. As the name suggests, it is that specific area on your paddle that gives you the best hits.
It’s usually at the center of the paddle, and then depending on the quality of your paddle, can expand to a wider section from there. The bigger the Sweet Spot, the better your hits tend to be consistently.
And finally, there is the surface material to account for. This comprises the entirety of your paddle, basically, which is why it’s very crucial to your performance. The different kinds of paddle facing or surface materials include:
- Composite Fiberglass
- Carbon Fiber
Now that we’ve got the basics down pat, let’s go ahead and take a look at the top 5 Prince Pickleball Paddle varieties that should be worth your time and money.
Top 5 Prince Pickleball Paddles Worth Investing In
The tennis manufacturer only fairly recently jumped on the Pickleball bandwagon, which many sports fans have been waiting for. In 2018, Prince officially teamed up with Paddletek to launch the Prince pickleball line.
In the same year, top-ranked pickleball player Simone Jardin won a Triple Crown–”three gold medals in three pro events”–at the 2018 US OPEN, using her Prince Response Pro.
If it’s good enough for a Triple Crown champion, then it should be good enough for us too! But Prince has got more than just the Response Pro in their lineup. Let’s take a look at their top 5 pickleball paddles.
- Response Pro – The one, the only, the Triple Crown paddle. Response Pro comes with a poly-core composite. You can choose from two different grips, weights, and four different colors. It’s a great option because it sticks to the same price point ($129) as all the other Prince paddles on the Pro line.
- Spectrum Pro – If it’s the Sweet Spot you want, it’s the Sweet Spot you’ll get. Like the Response Pro, the Spectrum Pro also features a poly-core composite core. You can also choose from two varieties of grips and weights, as well as four funky designs.
- Quantum Pro – The Quantum Pro features a longer handle with an isometric paddle. This combination aims to give you higher control and power. It also comes in two grip sizes, and two colors to choose from.
- Response Paddle – The Response Paddle may lose the Pro in its name, but don’t mistake it for working at a lesser degree. While it does carry some of the same features, like the poly-core, it does have it at a slimmer size, but also, at a lower price ($80).
- Spectrum Paddle – The Spectrum paddle also goes for a cheaper rate, while carrying an isometric paddle feature, as well as a long handle. Indeed, staying active through sports offers plenty of benefits, not only to your health but also to the quality of relationships you have with your family and friends.
Feel free to purchase any of these on Amazon
If you want to be able to work up a sweat without straining your arms, knees, and legs for too much, then pickleball is a great option for you. With the right Prince pickleball paddle, you can look forward to a fun, energetic game that will surely help you keep feeling young.
More related articles